Saturday, January 7, 2012

They pay me $800 a week to tell a cat and mouse what to do!

Jeff stumbled upon something interesting today, but because he's currently in Syracuse, I get to break the news. Le Havre is on Hulu plus; I'm not sure that any of you have it, but they offer 1-week free trials. Check it out.

Like Ben, I am almost comfortable with my 2011 list; how's about the rest of you? In no particular order, here is my list of 2011 films that I still would like to see: The Kid with the Bike (which I'll watch soon), The Ides of March, A Dangerous Method, Shame, A Separation, The Skin I Live In (it's playing at the Art Mission), The Descendents, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (it's playing at regal), The Rum Diary, War Horse, J. Edgar, The Artist, Another Earth. A lot to get to, but I don't care as much if I miss out on the last five films that I listed...so actually, there is a particular order, I guess.

John is watching The Muppets right now. Unless he likes it more than The Mill and the Cross, I'll probably pass on it.

I've really been in 2011 mode lately; Netflix keeps sending me a bonus DVD, so I have The 400 Blows and The Ox-Bow Incident at my house. And yet, I can't bring myself to sit down and watch them yet. But I did admit to John that I am on his side with regard to the "access vs. ownership" debate. 30 Rock is on NWI, but I asked for all of the seasons for Christmas this year. I also obsess over mailing back my Netflix DVDs as quickly as possible so that I can get the next one. Those 2011 films are hindering that obsession.

And since a single day cannot pass without us mentioning Ryan Gosling, I checked amazon and saw that Drive is available on DVD/Blu-ray on January 31st. Time to start saving up my pennies.

Jason, I don't really like 3 Musketeers; there's nothing to the fluff. But my least favorite candy is Pay Day. I always feel cheated whenever I open one.

No comments:

Post a Comment