Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Simpsons Episode Rankings: Season 7


Am I crazy for saying that I like season 7 more than season 6? Maybe to some, but I feel pretty confident in that stance right now. And that isn't to say that season 7 is necessarily funnier, but the overall "feel" of 7 is just more enjoyable. When Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein took over as showrunners, they said that they wanted to bring the show back to the family (essentially giving us episodes that felt more like season 3 than a continuation of 6), and in my opinion they succeeded. Look no further than the top episode on my list - it's both hilarious & heartfelt, and one of the best family-centric episodes in the show's entire history.

Having said all that, like season 6, there are episodes on this list that I'm not particularly fond of. These episodes are nowhere near as bad as the new episodes of the show or even anything resembling episodes from the eleventh season. But still, I can't say that I love each and every episode this season, and it's really just the bottom three that I'm referring to.

1. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily
2. King-Size Homer
3. Lisa the Vegetarian
4. Team Homer
5. Lisa the Iconoclast
6. Scenes from the Class Struggle in Springfield
7. Marge Be Not Proud
8. Bart Sells His Soul
9. Summer of 4 ft. 2
10. A Fish Called Selma
11. Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in 'The Curse of the Flying Hellfish'
12. Who Shot Mr. Burns? Part 2
13. Bart the Fink
14. Homerpalooza
15. Radioactive Man
16. Mother Simpson
17. The Day the Violence Died
18. 22 Short Films About Springfield
19. The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular
20. Two Bad Neighbors
21. Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming
22. Homer the Smithers
23. Much Apu About Nothing
24. Bart on the Road
25. Treehouse of Horror VI

*John, I considered commenting on each individual episode, but then I thought it would probably be better to get a mini-discussion going on the major differences in our lists or just what we liked or hated about certain episodes. Something like that. Also, Jeff and I definitely want to see Take Shelter so hopefully we can work that out someway.

3 comments:

  1. I'm behind in watching. I'll try to finish up soon. It hurts my eyes not to read your rankings, but I am restraining myself. I don't want to see your list until I'm done making my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily
    King-Size Homer
    Lisa the Vegetarian
    Team Homer
    A Fish Called Selma
    Lisa the Iconoclast
    Radioactive Man
    Homerpalooza
    Marge Be Not Proud
    Summer of 4 Ft. 2
    Scenes from a Class Struggle in Springfield
    Raging Abe Simpson..
    Who Shot Mr. Burns? Part 2
    Mother Simpson
    Bart Sells His Soul
    Bart the Fink
    Two Bad Neighbors
    Homer the Smithers
    22 Short Films About Springfield
    The Day the Violence Died
    The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular
    Treehouse of Horror VI
    Much Apu About Nothing
    Sideshow Bob’s Last Gleaming

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the temptation, John. I figured I posted too soon, but I also assume you're pretty close to finishing. Sorry if I'm wrong. Eagerly awaiting that list though. Jeff and I seem to agree quite a bit...as expected.

    ReplyDelete