Thursday, July 7, 2011

Film Club

Hey Film Club Members,

My name is Chris. I'm Jeff's older brother, but if you met us, you'd be convinced that he's older (I still look the same as when I was high school). As Brandon found out last week, Jeff and I share a lot of the same mannerisms; we also tried to explain to him that we share a lot of the same tastes in film as well. We're both huge Woody Allen fans; we both think that The Social Network is the best movie from last year; we both think that Synecdoche, New York, A Single Man, and The Fountain are underrated, etc.

For that reason, I'm a little skeptical about how this is going to work out. I will say that I love to watch and discuss films, so I do want to be a part of this (and yes, I also pinky promised Brandon that I would join - an unbreakable vow). But I'm sure you'll all agree that it would be silly if I were to just end up being an echo to Jeff's already loud presence in this club. I'll try to avoid that as much as possible, but if it is unavoidable...maybe I'll just post on here when we disagree about something. I don't know. We'll see what happens.

Also, as you might see from previous posts on this blog, for the past few months I have been posting stuff that isn't movie-related. I'll primarily stick to film posts from here on out, but every once and a while I'll probably put up something about television or music (Jeff and I have a project to complete in the form of the Simpsons episode rankings - if anyone is as obsessed with the show as much as we are, feel free to join in).

Looking forward to hearing from all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment